Emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion.
~ Carl Jung
- Follow What's On LJ's Mind on WordPress.com
Recent Posts: What's On LJ's Mind
I thought I saw it here ….
If You Appreciate this Content, please consider Donating:
- Rose Garden Dread
- Speaking Truth to Power
- Positivity and the Comey Hearing
- The Best Video Ever
- 1994: The Year of the Real Bankruptcy
- A Woke Introvert
- Big Brother Isn’t Watching You
- Who’s Getting to Know You?
- I’m > You
- Validation and Hope
- An open Letter to James Comey:
- To the non-enthusiastic millennial voters
- Our Language Defines Us … or does it?
- HB2 in North Carolina is not about safety, it’s about discrimination and segregation
- An Open Letter to the Media
- The Bully Gamble
- Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Two Words Demonstrate The Problem
- Unwritten Rules in the Workplace
- Flying Monkey Fever
- Breaking the Ice
- Preserving Organics
- One Scar at a Time
- I Found Me
- I hear you now ….
- Living with a Belgian Malinois
- Tinker’s Dam
Get Your Resistance Gear »
Monthly Archives: July 2011
So for a while now there’s been a “debate” in our house about the inclusion of the designation of “Real Feel” in weather reports. My husband thinks it’s ridiculous. He says if it’s hot and humid out, say that. Don’t … Continue reading
Woke up to an angry husband today. As this heatwave continues, stresses extend, and patience evaporates. This morning upon waking he informed me that the central AC in the house is no longer working. Of course this couldn’t happen during … Continue reading
So I’m stuck here on the computer. Caught up on news, checked the gossip sites, researched symptoms of mysterious aches and pains, read my twitter feed that I hadn’t checked in a while until I got a cramp from scrolling. … Continue reading
A few years ago I heard someone quoted saying that in this country you can say whatever you want because no one’s listening anyway. I don’t recall who said it, but I seem to remember it being an actor, comedian … Continue reading
I have a few pieces stashed away in other places, so bear with me as I bring them all to a central location. This piece I wrote last November, during the election season, yet it seems as timely now as … Continue reading
So it happened. In all seriousness I was told I needed to reduce my consumption of Diet Coke. The gloves came off this time and I was told I’m no spring chicken and need to start taking things like this … Continue reading
This past weekend was one dedicated to relaxation. It’s been long needed and long coming, and I just needed to not do anything. I was supposed to do that last weekend, and some might think I did, but that weekend … Continue reading