Emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion.
~ Carl Jung
- Follow What's On LJ's Mind on WordPress.com
Recent Posts: What's On LJ's Mind
I thought I saw it here ….
If You Appreciate this Content, please consider Donating:
- Rose Garden Dread
- Speaking Truth to Power
- Positivity and the Comey Hearing
- The Best Video Ever
- 1994: The Year of the Real Bankruptcy
- A Woke Introvert
- Big Brother Isn’t Watching You
- Who’s Getting to Know You?
- I’m > You
- Validation and Hope
- An open Letter to James Comey:
- To the non-enthusiastic millennial voters
- Our Language Defines Us … or does it?
- HB2 in North Carolina is not about safety, it’s about discrimination and segregation
- An Open Letter to the Media
- The Bully Gamble
- Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Two Words Demonstrate The Problem
- Unwritten Rules in the Workplace
- Flying Monkey Fever
- Breaking the Ice
- Preserving Organics
- One Scar at a Time
- I Found Me
- I hear you now ….
- Living with a Belgian Malinois
- Tinker’s Dam
Get Your Resistance Gear »
Monthly Archives: December 2011
Twenty years ago I was a mess. I had just started on a life changing journey that turned out very differently than expected. I made a deal and put my entire future in the hands of my guardian angels. I … Continue reading
WRITER’S NOTE: There seems to be some misunderstanding that I am dredging up a story from 30 years ago for the sake of telling a 30 year old story. People … it’s not the story, it’s the message. Read to … Continue reading
Happy Place: We all have one. It’s that place in our minds we go where everything is better. Religious folks call it prayer, holistic followers call it the place of peace, psychics call it someone else’s crap. For many though, … Continue reading
So yesterday my son was finishing a book report on The Cay. I hadn’t read the book. Along with the key elements of overcoming racism, war and injury, he mentioned that it was set around an island in the Caribbean. … Continue reading
Off in the distance of the office you can hear someone padding around, and every so often comes the calling of a name. “Sue?” After a pause the sound comes again, just a little loude, “Sue?” There is such an … Continue reading
You know that feeling you get when you can no longer explain away the pain and have to address it? I remember one specific time. I was at work for a half day. My 3-year-old at the time son was … Continue reading