Emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion.
~ Carl Jung
- Follow What's On LJ's Mind on WordPress.com
Recent Posts: What's On LJ's Mind
I thought I saw it here ….
If You Appreciate this Content, please consider Donating:
- Time for Some #Winning
- Late in the Evening
- Protesting is Patriotic
- Rose Garden Dread
- Speaking Truth to Power
- Positivity and the Comey Hearing
- The Best Video Ever
- 1994: The Year of the Real Bankruptcy
- A Woke Introvert
- Big Brother Isn’t Watching You
- Who’s Getting to Know You?
- I’m > You
- Validation and Hope
- An open Letter to James Comey:
- To the non-enthusiastic millennial voters
- Our Language Defines Us … or does it?
- HB2 in North Carolina is not about safety, it’s about discrimination and segregation
- An Open Letter to the Media
- The Bully Gamble
- Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Two Words Demonstrate The Problem
- Unwritten Rules in the Workplace
- Flying Monkey Fever
- Breaking the Ice
- Preserving Organics
- One Scar at a Time
- I Found Me
- I hear you now ….
- Living with a Belgian Malinois
- Tinker’s Dam
- Good Witch or Bad Witch? Bite Me
- Thank You, Mr. Williams.
- I Don’t Want to Fit Your Ideal
- The Pursuit of Happiness
- My Little Princess
- What If
- On Being a Family
- The Climb
- Spanish Class
- It was not my place
- The Post I Never Wanted to Write
- Signature Scent
- Click if you remember ….
- Side Effects May Include Ovarian Cysts …
- The Sound of Morning
- The Redneck Mating Call
- My Inner Child is Picking a Fight
- Philosophy 101: Introduction to Logic and Reason …. I think I need the Remedial Class
- Monday Morning
- The road led where?
- China’s Communist Party falls for Party Prank
- Negotiating an Allowance
- Distraction Free Writing
- Economy Wonk
- I’ll Just Check Pinterest Quickly …..
- Money Doesn’t Make You Rich
Get Your Resistance Gear »
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Folks are always looking for short cuts to get results. 5 steps to do this, checklists to become an expert in that, 7 habits to help you get to whatever. There’s no doubt there’s value in lists, steps and processes, … Continue reading
Here’s another of the previous notes I have on Facebook that I’m moving over slowly to my blog. I decided to move this one tonight based on the references to dog’s and fear aggression in my last post. This was … Continue reading
I got hurt today. Not physically, but took a bruising to the emotional ego. It shouldn’t have happened, but I should have seen it coming. The signs were all there and I failed to recognize them. That I was in … Continue reading
In marketing, in the era of social media and customer involvement, we as marketers talk about the idea of being real, authentic, transparent and honest. We say that customers want to know you’re legitimate and “human”, that there’s a personality … Continue reading
“It could have been worse,” she said very kindly. Yes, yes it most certainly could have. Believe me, I’ve used that phrase many times and alternately been called an optimist and a pessimist for it. Being labeled for saying that … Continue reading