Emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion.
~ Carl Jung
- Follow What's On LJ's Mind on WordPress.com
Recent Posts: What's On LJ's Mind
I thought I saw it here ….
- The Best Video Ever
- 1994: The Year of the Real Bankruptcy
- A Woke Introvert
- Big Brother Isn’t Watching You
- Who’s Getting to Know You?
- I’m > You
- Validation and Hope
- An open Letter to James Comey:
- To the non-enthusiastic millennial voters
- Our Language Defines Us … or does it?
- HB2 in North Carolina is not about safety, it’s about discrimination and segregation
- An Open Letter to the Media
- The Bully Gamble
- Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Two Words Demonstrate The Problem
- Unwritten Rules in the Workplace
- Flying Monkey Fever
- Breaking the Ice
- Preserving Organics
- One Scar at a Time
- I Found Me
- I hear you now ….
- Living with a Belgian Malinois
- Tinker’s Dam
- Good Witch or Bad Witch? Bite Me
- Thank You, Mr. Williams.
- I Don’t Want to Fit Your Ideal
If You Appreciate this Content, please consider Donating:
Get Your Resistance Gear »
Tag Archives: bullies
I “Know” Things Get used to hearing this phrase and others like it. If you’re new to this game, let me give you a few of the variations: Other people have said People have asked me I’ve done my own … Continue reading →
A Season of Triggers This election season has been devastating. So many of us have watched as examples from our lives flash before us over and over and over again for the world to see. Times when we were always … Continue reading →
Hey, Jim, can I call you Jim? Look, we need to talk. Look, we all know you’re undoubtedly a really smart, capable guy with a serious attention to detail, and a desire to do the job thoroughly and fairly. But you’re … Continue reading →
Originally posted on After Narcissistic Abuse:
1. YOU DOUBT YOURSELF Do you recognize that you’re doubting yourself more than you ever have before? Victims of narcissistic abuse often appear uncertain of themselves, constantly seeking clarification that they haven’t made a…
We sat around the office table one evening chatting, as sometimes happens, them over wine, me over soda. My counterpart from another department continued the banter we had established, as the sarcastic duo of the company, that for a while … Continue reading →
Flying Monkey Fever Sorry, I’m feeling under the weather, I’m currently suffering from a bout of Flying Monkey Fever. It was a severe case and while I’m mostly over it, there are still flare ups now and again. It usually starts … Continue reading →
What if self-doubt was all you knew? What if you were always told almost, but not quite? What if you were taught that meant you were never good enough? What if that’s what you were taught?
Causing others to fail does not mean you have succeeded. Making people hate you does not mean those that don’t, love you. Holding a position of authority does not mean people respect you. Breathing does not mean you are decent … Continue reading →