Emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion.
~ Carl Jung
- Follow What's On LJ's Mind on WordPress.com
Recent Posts: What's On LJ's Mind
I thought I saw it here ….
- The Best Video Ever
- 1994: The Year of the Real Bankruptcy
- A Woke Introvert
- Big Brother Isn’t Watching You
- Who’s Getting to Know You?
- I’m > You
- Validation and Hope
- An open Letter to James Comey:
- To the non-enthusiastic millennial voters
- Our Language Defines Us … or does it?
- HB2 in North Carolina is not about safety, it’s about discrimination and segregation
- An Open Letter to the Media
- The Bully Gamble
- Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Two Words Demonstrate The Problem
- Unwritten Rules in the Workplace
- Flying Monkey Fever
- Breaking the Ice
- Preserving Organics
- One Scar at a Time
- I Found Me
- I hear you now ….
- Living with a Belgian Malinois
- Tinker’s Dam
- Good Witch or Bad Witch? Bite Me
- Thank You, Mr. Williams.
- I Don’t Want to Fit Your Ideal
If You Appreciate this Content, please consider Donating:
Get Your Resistance Gear »
Tag Archives: Learning
Integrity matters. These are frustrating times, but to be honest, they all have been. Call me naive, tell me I have trust issues, overly high expectations. Tell me I’m too sensitive. Go ahead, I have. I’ve used those words to explain the ways … Continue reading
People call those imperfections, but no, that’s the good stuff. ~Sean (Robin Williams), Good Will Hunting As the first days of 1992 began I was sitting home alone in my apartment in NJ, wondering what to do next as a … Continue reading
What if self-doubt was all you knew? What if you were always told almost, but not quite? What if you were taught that meant you were never good enough? What if that’s what you were taught?
It was the final stretch of school, I had just handed in the the second to last of my papers before I would get my degree, and I was still under the gun and not able to enjoy the accomplishment. … Continue reading
Here’s another of the previous notes I have on Facebook that I’m moving over slowly to my blog. I decided to move this one tonight based on the references to dog’s and fear aggression in my last post. This was … Continue reading
I got hurt today. Not physically, but took a bruising to the emotional ego. It shouldn’t have happened, but I should have seen it coming. The signs were all there and I failed to recognize them. That I was in … Continue reading
I just read another one of those posts/blogs about people touting what they would say to their 18 year old self. I don’t know why I keep reading them, each time I do I just wonder if these people are … Continue reading