Emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion.
~ Carl Jung
- Follow What's On LJ's Mind on WordPress.com
Recent Posts: What's On LJ's Mind
I thought I saw it here ….
- The Best Video Ever
- 1994: The Year of the Real Bankruptcy
- A Woke Introvert
- Big Brother Isn’t Watching You
- Who’s Getting to Know You?
- I’m > You
- Validation and Hope
- An open Letter to James Comey:
- To the non-enthusiastic millennial voters
- Our Language Defines Us … or does it?
- HB2 in North Carolina is not about safety, it’s about discrimination and segregation
- An Open Letter to the Media
- The Bully Gamble
- Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Two Words Demonstrate The Problem
- Unwritten Rules in the Workplace
- Flying Monkey Fever
- Breaking the Ice
- Preserving Organics
- One Scar at a Time
- I Found Me
- I hear you now ….
- Living with a Belgian Malinois
- Tinker’s Dam
- Good Witch or Bad Witch? Bite Me
- Thank You, Mr. Williams.
- I Don’t Want to Fit Your Ideal
If You Appreciate this Content, please consider Donating:
Get Your Resistance Gear »
Tag Archives: life
A good friend of mine forwarded me an article about the “myths of diet soda” which began by suggesting that folks think drinking diet soda will lead to weight loss, stave of diabetes, and will reduce the risk of heart … Continue reading
As with anything else, you can hear the same message a million different ways, but when it hits, it hits hard. This was the right way.
Today, as the sun begins to set and the final festivities for the evening are about to begin, I am reminded of a 4th of July many moons ago. I was having a discussion with a relative who was preparing … Continue reading
What if self-doubt was all you knew? What if you were always told almost, but not quite? What if you were taught that meant you were never good enough? What if that’s what you were taught?
The start of a roller coaster ride, as you slowly inch up to the top of the peak, sucks. It’s boring, slow, and tedious. Yet at the time it doesn’t feel that way. The anticipation of our expectation sustains us, … Continue reading
It was the final stretch of school, I had just handed in the the second to last of my papers before I would get my degree, and I was still under the gun and not able to enjoy the accomplishment. … Continue reading
Bucket Lists. I don’t like these. Not for the reasons many may think. I don’t dislike them because they can be considered negative, as if planning for your death. I don’t think there’s fault with making lists, either.