Emotion is the moment when steel meets flint and a spark is struck forth, for emotion is the chief source of consciousness. There is no change from darkness to light or from inertia to movement without emotion.
~ Carl Jung
- Follow What's On LJ's Mind on WordPress.com
Recent Posts: What's On LJ's Mind
I thought I saw it here ….
- Rose Garden Dread
- Speaking Truth to Power
- Positivity and the Comey Hearing
- The Best Video Ever
- 1994: The Year of the Real Bankruptcy
- A Woke Introvert
- Big Brother Isn’t Watching You
- Who’s Getting to Know You?
- I’m > You
- Validation and Hope
- An open Letter to James Comey:
- To the non-enthusiastic millennial voters
- Our Language Defines Us … or does it?
- HB2 in North Carolina is not about safety, it’s about discrimination and segregation
- An Open Letter to the Media
- The Bully Gamble
- Signs That You’ve Been Abused by a Narcissist
- What the hell were you thinking?
- Two Words Demonstrate The Problem
- Unwritten Rules in the Workplace
- Flying Monkey Fever
- Breaking the Ice
- Preserving Organics
- One Scar at a Time
- I Found Me
- I hear you now ….
- Living with a Belgian Malinois
- Tinker’s Dam
If You Appreciate this Content, please consider Donating:
Get Your Resistance Gear »
Tag Archives: stress
A good friend of mine forwarded me an article about the “myths of diet soda” which began by suggesting that folks think drinking diet soda will lead to weight loss, stave of diabetes, and will reduce the risk of heart … Continue reading
What if self-doubt was all you knew? What if you were always told almost, but not quite? What if you were taught that meant you were never good enough? What if that’s what you were taught?
I don’t know what to write about. It’s not that there aren’t a wealth of things going on right now, some things that get my angry typing juices flowing, some things that make me not want to blog it’s just … Continue reading
Once again a kind soul told me I should really stop smoking. “It’s bad for you, you know.” Whoa, wait, what? Are you serious? Smoking is bad for me? Now when did that happen? Yes, I have a bad habit. … Continue reading
So for a while now there’s been a “debate” in our house about the inclusion of the designation of “Real Feel” in weather reports. My husband thinks it’s ridiculous. He says if it’s hot and humid out, say that. Don’t … Continue reading